MA in Turkish Studies - Program Objectives
The Turkish Studies MA program at Sabancı University is the first such indisciplinary program in Turkey with English language instruction. It aims to train the next generation of scholars, policymakers, and practitioners. The program offers theoretical, foundational and methodology training to equip its students with necessary skills to analyze, understand, evaluate, and make policies in key areas including foreign and environmental policies as well as energy, urbanization, health, and welfare.
MA in Turkish Studies - Program Outcomes
Common Outcomes of Master’s Programs:
1. Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning.
2. Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
3. Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs.
4. Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
5. Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
6. Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes of Master of Arts Programs in Social Sciences:
7. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis
8. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
9. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
Program Specific Outcomes of Master of Arts in Turkish Studies:
10. Gain the skills to analyze, understand, evaluate, and make policies in key public areas.
11. Develop a policy area of specialization.
12. Gain work experince in one of the centers or forums affiliated with Sabancı University.
* Click here for detailed Turkish Studies MA program outcomes.